, , , , , , , , ,

Tokyo for My Birthday Trip (Sneak Peek)

Can't deny out of the 40 countries I've been, Japan is my favourite country I ever visited. The thing I that make me admire Japan is because for its unique diversity. It's indeed a great country where tradition meets the future. It has everything that one could ever imagine - it's fast-paced, yet serene and peaceful at the same time. It has that magical which instantly captivate and leave me enchanted. And that's why I chosen Japan as my birthday trip. 

2018 Japan Tokyo MAS Airport
#1: Up to date, Malaysia Airlines is the only airline offers direct flight from Kota Kinabalu to Tokyo.

Four consecutive years since 2015 - Tokyo, Tokyo, Tokyo & Tokyo again! Honestly to say, I never get bored of this capital city and now planning to go again. But somehow, this time around I decided to do something different - visit Tokyo's less touristy and off the beaten path such as Kinugawa, Nikko, Gala Yuzawa and more. 

2018 Japan Kinugawa
#2: Our first day visited Kinugawa Onsen - a well-known hot spring resort town in Tochigi Prefecture. 

2018 Japan Nikko
#3: Toshogu Shrine, the World Heritage Site located in Nikko. Nikko is less than two hours away from Tokyo under JR line or private Tobu Nikko Line.  

2018 Japan Nikko 01
#4: The most famous carving of the shrine is the three wise monkeys, who "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil".

#5: Back to Tokyo on the second night and we stumbled upon a sakura blossom tree in full glory in Ueno Park 🌸🌸

2018 Japan Gala Yuzawa
#6: From sakura blossom, we went for snow experince in Gala Yuzawa. Who ever thought there is a ski resort situated not far away from Tokyo? ❄❄

#7: Went Hakone for the second time and finally I saw the majestic Fuji-san (Mount Fuji). It left me speechless

2018 Japan Public Onsen
#8: Outdoor public onsen. Enjoying the view while relaxing myself in hot spring.

2018 Japan Yokohama
#9: Yokohama for the second time just to visit Cup Noodles Museum and Shin Yokohama Ramen Museum which I miss out previously. It's really an eye-opening.

Tokyo Ramen
#10: Ramen, ramen and ramen, We had ramen almost everyday - from Ichiran to Ippudo as well as two Michelin-starred ramen shops in Tokyo. Damn! I miss ramen now cause it's hard to find any Japanese restaurants in KK serving a bowl of delicious ramen. 

2018 Japan Tokyo Harbs
#11: Last but not least, a birthday trip isn't complete without a cake - this is one dessert to die for, mille crepe in Harbs, Roppongi Hills. 

Wondering when will I able to blog all my travelogues. So many to blog but keep procrastinating. And guess what, my next trip is coming soon. 
Share:

8 comments:

  1. Nyummy ramen!! I really don't mind having it everyday.
    I wish I can travel to Tokyo soon.

    Fay x
    ffmdigitalmemoirs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never been Japan before, hope will have chance to go there for a visit soon. Hehe..
    The Mount Fuji is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also cannot get enough of Japan. I plan to comeback to Tokyo in 2020 for the Olympic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I would do the same if I ever have the time and budget to travel. Japan is always top on the list. ❤❤❤ That mount fuji photo though 😍 omg, I haven't even get to try onsen yet. My friend didn't wanna go the last time I was there. And also didn't get to eat ramen. Think there's a no pork broth one in Kyoto?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for telling me that Japan is still your favourite country out of the 40 countries you have visited!! That's why we have visited 6-7 times and going again & again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a luxury dip in your own private onsen!

    That piece of Mille Crepe is so delicious and thick!!!!

    I want! I want!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Diana, may I know which hotel you stay at Hakone which has private onsen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Small Bamboo! The hotel I stayed at Hakone doesn't come with private onsen. It's public onsen actually.

      Delete

Feel free to share what's on your mind & thoughts.
Thanks for the comments and I'm truly appreciate that.
[All comments are moderated. Your comment may not show up immediately. Please do not spam and keep it on topic.]